Thursday, September 23, 2010

Closing and opening doors

We are coming to the end of not the week but the end of the lecture phase of the Awaken DTS.  I can't believe that three months of my life have passed by so quickly.  Most of the teams are en route to their outreach locations and I am currently sitting in the Seattle airport as I write this blogpost.  


Coming home is such a strange feeling and a mix of emotions flood me.  People have been asking me if I'm excited to return home but Kona has been home for me in the past 2 years.  I didn't realize how much of an impact leaving would have until now and even now it hasn't quite hit me yet.  I'm going to miss the campus, the Banyan tree cafe, the prayer room, the pavilion, building 4, Ohana court meetings, Monday morning worship, and especially the people I  have been in community with.  


Leaving Kona has been a tough process but I know that there are new opportunities for me as I head back to Maryland.  I don't know what this transition all entails but I know God know's what he is doing and I believe he's the one guiding me still.

No comments:

Post a Comment