Sunday, October 10, 2010

Home sweet home

It's been about 2 weeks since I left YWAM Kona and moved to Frederick, MD and its been an interesting adjustment.  My days have been mostly filled with praying, worshiping, reading the bible, staying fit, cleaning the house and doing chores, and whatever else is needed around the house.  Life is so different on the mainland, off of the YWAM base, "normal" life is definitely not everything I remember it to be.  Being with Family is nice and has its perks, home cooking and an open fridge, free laundry, no staff fees, no cell phone bill, my own room and so forth and so on but I miss being in community.

I feel as of late that I transitioned out of having a pretty full schedule into having a lot of free time.  It's hard to not be doing much but at the same time I know that this is where the Lord has led me to be.  As of now, I'm job searching, praying into schooling and which church to attend.  Life seems to be mundane and even the things I write seem pointless and without purpose.  It's hard to celebrate with my friends around the world who are on outreach at different locations

I miss the mission field, I miss training, the more I'm back on the mainland the more I'm realizing that I wasn't cut out for "normal life".  But even for this season I have to trust that the Lord knows what he's doing, because he does.. because he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment