Thursday, March 10, 2011

a funny little story

Today was an interesting day.  My mom and dad have been in Korea for the last week and a half and my mom came back today.  So for the last 10 days I inherited of watching my eleven year old sister.  Taking her to school, packing her lunch, making dinner, and also walking the dog.

This morning's forecast was rainy and walking the dog in the rain is probably my least favorite thing to do.  Since I had to go pick my mom up from the airport it had to be done.  Thankfully the walk went fairly quickly and came back and washed up, made breakfast for my sister and Me and packed her lunch.  So far, so good.

I looked at the time; 8:30 am.  I packed up everything and made my way out to the car, locked the door to the house and reached for the keys to the car to unlock it, but where are the keys?  They should be in my pocket.  As I feel around my pockets, I realize that I left the keys on the counter with the door locked.  I think quickly and pull out a plastic card from my wallet and try to jimmy the lock.  I give it a try and it works the first time.  I grab the keys and now we're on our way to school.

Everything seemed to be moving smoothly now.  My sister's at school and I'm on the highway.  About 10 minutes down the highway the car shuts off and I start to lose speed.  I filled up the other day, so that can't be the reason the car shut off.  Then I realize that my dad's car has been doing this for a while now.  The electrical work just turns off immobilizing the car.  I can't start it again and even the emergency lights won't turn on.  I called the insurance company and they sent someone out to tow the car.  My mom get's in at 9:50AM and the tow truck won't get to me until 10:17AM.

The truck got to me a little earlier than expected but still passed the time for my mom's arrival.  The driver gave me a lift to the dealer and from there I rushed home to get to our second car to pick my mom up from the airport.  I was already late so I wanted to hurry up and get there.  When I got home, I realized I didn't have the house keys, but it's ok, I'll just break back in to my house.  I tried again and remembered I dead bolted the lock.  So I had to drive back to the dealership to pick the house keys up and then go back home.  Now, I can actually go pick my mom up and its 11:00AM.  I didn't get to the airport until noon.  But all in all, it could've been worst.

Sorry mom, glad to have you back though.

No comments:

Post a Comment