Monday, March 28, 2011

we have lift off

I'm one day away from taking off to England.  Today I have, and will be, spending my day packing and finishing up last minute things.  Less than 2 days left and I feel ready to go but at the same time not ready in other ways.  There is a well in my heart filling with anticipation of the things and events to come in the next season of my life.

Yesterday at church,  the pastor was preaching about the Bible; what it's about and key episodes in it.  The episode he talked about was Abram as he started his journey.  

Genesis 12:1-3
      Now Adonai said to Avram, "Get yourself out of your country, away from your kinsmen and away from your father's house, and go to the land that I will show you.  I will make of you a great nation, I will bless you, and I will make your name great;  and you are to be a blessing.  I will bless those who bless you, but I will curse anyone you curses you; and by you all the families of the earth will be blessed."(CJB)
                                                                                                                         
When the Lord came to Abram and spoke to him about leaving this was a pivotal time in history.  It started the rising of the nation of Israel though this man.  Many of us know the story of this man of faith, who is even included in the "hall of faith" in the book of Hebrews.  

As I listened to the sermon I felt the Lord speaking to me about this next journey.  The main point that I felt the Lord say was about me "leaving my fathers house and going to the land that He will show me."  For some reason I feel this could mean that I won't be returning for a while but I'm not sure of the full implications of what God was saying.  One thing is certain though, I don't believe this trip will be like any of the other trips that I've taken, but I'll continue to live in obedience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment