Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Post-Sydney

I have made it to Kona, HI safely and by the grace of the Lord.  I honestly wasn't sure how long I would be in Sydney for.  I came with a one way ticket to Sydney just like I went to Israel and I didn't have enough money for my next plane ticket.

When I was in Sydney I stayed with a DTS student from the last school I staffed.  His family opened up their home to me generously.  Almost every morning we would go to early morning prayer.  A group of young Korean-Australians that graduated from DTS wanted to continue to pursue the Lord together in community.  After talking with their pastor, they were given time from 6am-8am every morning.  The group started small at about four people and it grew in weeks to forty to fifty people each morning.  These are the ones that will change the nation and history forever.  People came dressed for work and school so that after morning prayer they would leave to their respective places.

The most interesting part in all of this was the unity in congregation and leadership.  Of course people have their differences but they were able to look beyond their differences to unite around the name of Jesus.  Something I have observed is that the leadership in this particular church has released the young people to run after the heart of God by giving them room to practically do it.  The English-ministry pastor gave the keys to a separate building so that they could meet every morning for prayer.  The other component to this is that the fiery young men and women have submitted to the local church in service and leadership.  Without one of these parts, it would be very hard to function as a corporate body.

I was very blessed to be a part of the movement of God in Sydney.  It is very much still in its beginning phases but I believe will grow to be established as a core part of the city.  I was very privileged to be a witness and participant with this family.  As I was leaving it felt like I was leaving home and a piece of me was being left behind.  I think I'll becoming back again.


1 comment:

  1. Sam! Hi Sam! I found your blog hehe!
    Although I didn't get to hang out with you much, your presence was enjoyed by the members of our church. see you soon! keep changing the world!

    ReplyDelete