Tuesday, July 3, 2012

YWAM update

Dear friends and family,
I am writing to you because I have some news to share. After a year of working and school, I have decided to temporarily re-enter the ministry. I will be continuing education in the fall but during the summer I will be doing full time ministry.

Youth with a Mission (YWAM) has many locations around the world and the group I have joined is in Washington D.C. YWAM DC’s main ministry is running a house of prayer. They call themselves Washington House of Prayer (WHOP). The current schedule is from 5:30AM to 11:30AM Monday through Friday with evening prayer sets on Tuesdays and Thursdays open to the public from 7:00PM to 9:00PM. During this time we spend time in worship and intercession on various topics. The morning schedule consists of praying by Capitol Hill, video lessons, worship and prayer, and praying on the ellipse side of the White House.

Another event that is coming up soon is a trip to Tajikistan and Pakistan. My friend Tim has a heart for Pakistan and wants to end up doing long-term missions there. This trip will be a scouting trip to Pakistan. From August 5th, I will spend a week in Tajikistan meeting with the brother of the leader of YWAM DC and a week in Pakistan scouting out the land and praying into possibilities of future ministry for Pakistan. I felt that the Lord had revealed that I should go with him on this initial trip to support his vision and calling.
This brief period back in missions will actually end up costing around $2860. This includes staff fees and groceries while staffing in DC and visa costs, plane tickets, ground fees, and other miscellaneous costs for outreach. Prayer is probably the most important aspect of this trip. Pakistan and the surrounding Islamic nations are very volatile and especially hostile towards Christianity. But a practical way you can support me in missions is through finances.

Please prayerfully consider supporting me financially and in prayer. As I go to the Middle East, a region of the world that is difficult to travel to, your support allows the kingdom of God to advance in such countries as Tajikistan and Pakistan.   The link to donate can be found on the Financial Partnership page.

Thank you for your consideration and prayers.
Be blessed,
Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment