Sunday, July 22, 2012

Part 2: A thousand words...



I recently was able to purchase a camera for my missionary journeys and already I am seeing the advantage of taking my own pictures to post on my blog.  So here are a few photos of what we do in D.C.


 Every morning at 6:00AM, we gather at this point of the Ellipse, the President's backyard, and we have a time of prayer.  We have been praying for various topics but especially for an event in the fall called David's tent.  More information is available at davidstentdc.org.


Sometimes our leader Jason, has a short group meeting where he might share or invites some of us to share.  Then we take a lap around the ellipse.  We are essentially prayer walking and preparing the grounds for the 40 days of worship.
Every so often we stop in front of the White House and intercede for the President of the United States of America.  



On different occasions, we have different short term teams who come and visit for outreach in Washington D.C.  This particular team was a youth group from Augusta, Georgia.  They had come to do outreach as well as pray with us for America.  They ended up staying for about four days.  We are meeting on the far side of the White House grounds before taking our prayer walk around the ellipse.



 After our meeting, we took our walk as a group.







As posted in my previous blog, we gather together every Tuesday and Friday Nights from 7:00PM to 9:00PM for worship and prayer.  The Augusta team joined us for a couple nights at the beginning of the week and we added some extra nights of worship for the past week.

My trip to Tajikistan and Pakistan is quickly approaching.  I have currently filled out and will be turning in my visa application tomorrow so please keep that in prayer.  Specifically that Tim and I would get our visa's for both countries.  We also have not met our financial goals for this trip.  The majority of the costs of the trip will be for flights to Tajikistan, Pakistan, and back to the states.  I am still about $2800 short for this trip and the date is quickly approaching.  In the natural it seems that this trip will not be happening but I have faith that it will still take place.  So far, I have enough for both of my visas but will still need finances for flights and ground fees.

So, if you would still like to donate to the Tajikistan/Pakistan trip, the link is still available through http://samuelschoi.blogspot.com/p/financial-partnership.html.  It is this kind of partnership that allows missions to exist overseas.  Thanks for your prayer and support.


No comments:

Post a Comment