Monday, April 26, 2010

I am NorthEast Indian....

...well I'm not but I found out that I look like it. When we did some of the ministry I met people that looked similar to me. I asked the staff where they were from and I was told they were Indians. In the North east region they have Indians, not Nepalese, Chineses, or Bhutanese people that live in India but Indians that look like me.

So I officially look like half of the 10/40 window.


The team has been in India for about 2 weeks now. It's been such a cultural experience and an amazing time in getting to know the base staff here and others we met along the way.

Above is a picture of the orphanage we visited. It's a YWAM shelter home for street kids and orphans. Its mostly a place for young boys who live on the streets. There were a few girls there but most of the girls are sent to a different home for safety reasons. The kids love to dance and sing worship songs and to play. There was so much joy in the kids I forgot about their circumstances, that they are separated from their parents. Some of them even know their parents, they just live on the streets so the shelter took them in.




These are pictures of an HIV clinic we visited in the city. Before they started the clinic they had a little devotional time. During that time we were given time to sing a couple songs for the group. The message of the devotional time was out of John 5:1-16. The words out of verse 6 stood out, "Do you want to be healed?" This stirred something in my heart to ride on the back of that scripture and just pray for the patients in the clinic. Our team was able to pray and preach the gospel to different people. Not all of the patients were Christians. Some where Hindus who believed in Jesus but also in everything else and some Muslims as well. The staff there were very kind in allowing us to pray for patients. Some of the volunteers were YWAMer's from a different base that we got to meet. They come about twice a week offering help to a clinic that offers service to patients with HIV for free.


These are a couple of ministries that we were able to get involved with. Some of the things are speaking in churches, prayer walking in a Hindu temple, and visiting other centers for children. There are so many pictures and videos to upload and share what we've been doing but I'm not 100% sure how to embed videos directly and I'm trying to figure out if I can make and album page. So until then, I'll be posting it like this and when I get back to the U.S. I'll share some more of the things God has been doing here.

Very soon we'll be moving north to Dharamsala. Please keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Sam...thanks for the update. the nortern indians are our distant relatives...in God anyway. Glad things are going well with you and your team. Blessing, Dad

    ReplyDelete