Saturday, April 3, 2010

On the 4th Day


Today is the 4th day of outreach. So far we have filled our days with wandering around the city of Honolulu. I know it doesn't sound like outreach but it technically is. The more difficult part of this is trying to live a lifestyle of evangelism, worship, and prayer. The Lord has really been challenging me about what it looks like to live it instead of compartmentalizing it and making it an activity we do only during set times that we designate

Spending time in Honolulu becomes difficult because of our limited connection. Please understand that Honolulu was originally supposed to just be a layover stop that turned into a week and a half stop because of visa issues. I'm so blessed to have a team that is constantly looking to minister to the community.

The picture above is of me praying for a homeless guy who said had cancer. This is one of many examples I'm talking about with my team. The picture was taken on the 1st day we were here and since then others in my team have ministered to people that we have met during meal times or just our free time by preaching the gospel or praying for them.

As of now, our plan is to split the outreach team up into 3 groups. I will be leaving to India on either Monday or Tuesday and the other teams will follow. Please keep me in your prayers as I lead this group out.

1 comment:

  1. Sam,
    good report...it is good to take every good opportunity for outreach where ever you are...we offered a prayer for you at the chapel today.

    ReplyDelete