Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ground fees and Haiti

The countdown until Haiti is about 2 days.  The 200 hours of prayer and worship start this Saturday and I am happy to say that I will be joining the group.

I have purchased my ticket to go this Saturday and I will be there until the following Saturday.  Also I have received all of the ground fees to cover my stay in Haiti.  I think through the preparation for this trip the Lord has shown me his provision and blessing.  It's funny to me because when I was in YWAM trying to raise support to go to India and China was much harder than this time and I feel like I did much less to announce my plans or at least it was a shorter notice.  But no matter, long or short, harder or easier, the Lord is faithful to provide for his children.

The Lord has really given me favor for this trip.  I can't get over the fact that Target gave me "black Friday" off so that I could go to Haiti when the main reason that they hire is for the holiday shopping season.  It really was the hand and favor of God that I am able to go.  Even during this time at home God has been opening doors for me to share what God has been doing in my life.  Tomorrow, I will be going to a worship night where I have been invited to share a testimony of what the Lord has done in my life and just today I was invited to share when I return from Haiti about what the Lord is doing there.  Through these opportunities, I pray and hope that it will stir a passion in their hearts to run after God.

So, its off to Haiti I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment