Sunday, November 14, 2010

Praise

With the Haiti trip around the corner, it's hard to think it'll happen without any money and such short notice to supporters.  But God is good and he's providing every step of the way.

A week ago or so I was praying about Haiti, going and provision for this short trip.  One night during that time I had a dream.  The details of the dream are kind of fuzzy to me and they were when I woke up but one line that was spoken to me was very clear.  I heard someone tell me that everything that I needed would be provided for.  Those were the most comforting words at the time and I from that time I was convinced that I would be provided for to go to Haiti.

Today I received a couple donations to go to Haiti from the church I attend.  It's enough for me to get a plane ticket to Haiti which is the amazing provision of God.  Thank you Jesus.  It's this kind of thing that makes my relationship with God more real and personal.  I know that he is looking out for me and that I do not need to worry because he cares for me more than the "birds of the air" or the "flowers in the field" like Jesus said in Matthew 6.  

Another praise report that I have involves work.  I was hired by Target for the seasonal position so that means the main reason I was hired was for the upcoming holiday season which is Christmas.  Black Friday, the Friday after Thanksgiving is the busiest shopping day of the year.  I was hired to help cover different areas of the store during that time.  But because of the Lord I was able to get that whole week off of work to go do the Lord's work in Haiti.  

So it looks like I'll be heading out on November 20th and returning on the 27th.  I still need some more funds for the daily cost of living in Haiti but I'm not worried as much because Jesus was faithful with his promise and provided money to go to Haiti and he will be faithful to provide the rest of the money I need.

Please keep me in your prayers.  The financial provision is just the beginning of a major spiritual struggle for a nation to turn to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment