Saturday, May 7, 2011

Support letter: it is what it is


Dear friends and family,

The Lord has been leading me around the world on a trip to what he is doing in the earth.  The past trip that I was on led me to the UK and Turkey.  I visited the Korean Church in the UK and also some other groups that were in missions.  The next phase of this journey is to Israel and Australia. 

In Israel, I will be scouting with a DTS team, scouting the land and getting the Lord’s heart for the Jews and Arabs in the land.  I believe that God still has purpose for his people and that he has not forsaken nor forgotten about them. There a number of ministries that we will be working with and getting a feel for what the trip will be like later.

In Australia, I will be attending a Torah conference and connecting with the believers in the land.  On the last trip, I saw the group of Korean-diaspora in the UK and I believe this is a continuation of that.  After Australia, I will go back on staff in Kona for about 2 months before returning back to Maryland for school.  There is also a possibility for me to do a 5 week school in Kona during that time.

So, there are many needs, I need anywhere from $2,500-$3,000 for the next 3 weeks for flights and ground fees.  Later on I’ll need ground fees for Kona and possibly for the school.  I’m currently writing you because I am in need of some money for the next journey.  Let’s be honest, this is a support letter and these always seem so unappealing no matter how it is written. 

I know there will always be needs and there are many places to donate and support.  But I am one of those people you know and as you support you reap the blessings of this journey.  I already have the ticket for Israel and most of the ground fees.  This has been a faith journey so I believe with each step, more will be revealed.

Your consideration is greatly appreciated,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment